CHARDHAM YATRA (Pilgrimage)
YAMNOTRI, GANGOTRI, KEDARNATH & BADRINATH
Duration : 12 DAYS/ 11 NIGHTS
Day 01: Haridwar : Early morning travel by air into Jolly Grant airport / via taxi heading north for one of the most revered pilgrimage centres in India, Haridwar. There is time to explore this beautifully located Holy hill town to join the pilgrims and holy men as they conduct their rituals on the river Ganges.
After arriving, settling into your hotel and some relaxation. We’ll walk along the Ganga ghats to visit Harki Pauri for the famous Ganga Aarti where oil lamps are set on the water and priests perform elaborate rituals. On return we visit Moti Bazaar, a traditional market. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day 02 : Haridwar – Syanachatti ( 236kms / 8hrs ) : Morning drive to Syanachatti via Dehradun & Mussoorie. En-route visit Kempty Falls and enjoy the beauty of Himalayas. Later, proceed drive via Barkot to Syanachatti. Evening arrival and check-in to hotel for night stay.
Day 03 : Syanachatti–Yamunotri–Syanachatti (17kms Road/1 hr, 7 kms Trek):
Early morning drive to Jankichatti, trek starts from here for Yamunotri (6kms). On arrival, leave the vehicle and start to ascend on trek route either by walk or pony / doli (at own cost). On arrival Yamunotri, proceed to holy dip in natural hot water spring or in river Yamuna (icy cold water). One can cook rice in “Surya Kund” (hot water spring), by dipping a muslin cloth and take cooked rice home as “Prasadam”. Prayers can be offered to “Divya Shila” (Holy rock). According to legends, river Yamuna came out very first time from “Divya Shila”. After the visit to the Yamunotri temple we start of trek down to Jankichatti. Further drive back to Syanachatti for overnight stay.
Day 04: Syanachatti – Uttarkashi (118kms/6-7hrs) : After early breakfast depart for Uttarkashi. Check in Hotel, Later, in the evening visit Vishwanath Temple. Overnight stay at hotel in Uttarkashi.
Day 05. Uttarkashi – Gangotri – Uttarkashi (100kms/3-4 each side) : We proceed to Gangotri (3048 mts), enroute we enjoy picturesque Harsil village. All throughout we drive parallel to the Bhagirathi River, enjoying the most magnificent view of the Himalayas . After Gangotri temple Darshan & a visit to the Gangotri falls, we return to Uttarkashi. Overnight stay at Uttarkashi.
Gangotri Temple was by the Gorkha General Amar Singh Thapa in the 18th Century, it is situated on the right bank of Bhagirathi river.
Submerged Shivling: Submerged in the river, this natural rock Shivling is the place where, according to mythology, Lord Shiva sat when he received the Ganga in his matted lock. It is visible in winter months when water level decreases.
Day 06. Uttarkashi – Guptkashi (220kms/8-9hr) : Early morning, drive straight to Guptkashi via Tehri lake, Srinagar & Rudraprayag. Check in Hotel, night stay.
Day 07. Guptkashi – Kedarnath (30 kms by road & 14kms Trek) : Morning drive to Gaurikund, Trek start from Gaurikund to Kedarnath (3584 mts) on foot or by pony / Doli. Tour members should carry personal medicines, heavy woolen, toiletries and clothes for an overnight halt at Kedarnath. Check in Hotel. Later, visit Kedarnath Temple . Night halt.
Gaurikund: At a distance of 5kms from Sonprayag and at an altitude of 1982 meters., one can take bath in the hot water pool here and visit the Gauri Temple . This is the place where Goddess Parvati meditated to attain Lord Shiva. It is the base for a trek to Kedarnath.
Kedarnath: The Kedarnath shrine, is one of the 12 jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva, a scenic spot situated against the backdrop of the majestic Kedarnath range. Kedar is another name of Lord Shiva, the protector and the destroyer. According to legend, the Pandavas after having won over the Kaurava in the Kurukshetra war, felt guilty of having killed their own brothers and sought the blessings of Lord Shiva for redemption. He eluded them repeatedly and while fleeing took refuge at Kedarnath in the form of a bull. On being followed he dived into the ground, leaving his hump on the surface. The remaining portions of Lord Shiva appeared at four other places and are worshiped there as his manifestations. The arms appeared at Tungnath, the face at Rudranath, the belly at Madhmaheshwar and his locks (hair) with head at Kalpeshwar. Kedarnath and the four above-mentioned shrines are treated as Panch Kedar.
Day 08. Kedarnath – Rudraprayag (14 Kms Down Trek & 75 kms/3hr by Road) : Early morning, after Kedarnath Temple Darshan trek down to Gaurikund. Later, drive to Rudraprayag via Guptkashi. Check in Hotel at Rudraprayag. Night Halt.
Rudraprayag: It is the confluence of river Mandakini and river Alaknanda.
Day 09. Rudraprayag – Badrinath (165kms/7hr) : Drive to Badrinath via Joshimath. Check in Hotel. Later, visit Badrinath Temple , There are other interesting sight seeing spot like Mana, Vyas Gufa, Matamoorti, Charanpaduka, Bhimkund and the “Mukh” of the Saraswati River . Just within the three kms of Badrinath temple. Overnight stay at hotel in Badrinath.
Badrinath: One of the ‘Four Dhams’ is one of the most celebrated pilgrimage spots of the country and is situated at an elevation of 3,133 meters, guarded on either side by the two mountain ranges known as Nar & Narayan with the towering Neelkanth Peak providing a splendid backdrop. This revered spot was once carpeted with wild berries. Thus, the place got the name “Badri van”, meaning “forest of berries”.
Tapt Kund : Natural thermal springs on the bank of the river Alaknanda, where it is customary to bathe before entering the Badrinath temple.
Narad Kund : A recess in the river, near Tapt Kund, forming a pool from where the Badrinath idol was recovered.
Brahama Kapal : A flat platform on the bank of river Alaknanda. Hindus perform proppitiating rites for their deceased ancestors.
Sheshnetra : 1.5kms. away is a boulder having an impression of the legendary serpent, better known as the Sheshnag’s eye.
Charanpaduka : 3kms. away is a beautiful meadow where the footprint of Lord Vishnu is seen on a boulder.
Mata Murty Temple : Devoted to the mother of Sri Badrinathji. Other important temples include Sesh Netra Temple , Urvashi Temple and Charanpaduka.
Mana Village : Inhabited by an Indo-Mongolian tribe, it is the last Indian village before Tibet .
Vasundhara : As the name suggests, vasundhara is a magnificent water fall. This place is 5 kms. from Badrinath out of which 2 kms. is motorable upto Mana.
Bhim Pul : On the other side of Mana village, a massive rock forming a natural bridge, lies over the roaring Saraswati river. It presents a spectacular view of water thundering down through the narrow passage under the rock and is believed to have been placed there by Bhim, the second eldest among the five Pandava brothers.
Vyas Gufa (cave) : Near Mana Village, this is a rock-cave where Ved Vyas is believed to have composed the Mahabharata and the pauranic commentaries.
Day 10. Badrinath – Joshimath (44kms/3hr) / Pipalkoti (85kms/4hr) / Kirtinagar (200kms/7-8hr) : Early morning, pilgrims after having a bath in the Taptkund have the Darshan of Badrivishal. Brahamakapal is significant for Pinddan Shraddh of ancestors (Pitrus). Later, drive back to Joshimath / Pipalkoti / Kirtinagar (depending upon weather & time). Check in Hotel overnight stay.
Joshimath is situated on the slopes above the confluence of Alaknanda and Dhauliganga. Of the four ‘Maths’ established by Adi Shankaracharya, Joshimath is iis the Northern seat, for people to worship. There are many temples in the township most important is the temple of Nir Singh in commotion of Lord Vishnu. The left arm of this deity is with time and the popular belief holds that the day the the arm completely withers Badrinath valley will cease to exist and the Gods will transfer the residence into the neighboring Niti Valley at Bhavishya Badri.
Day 11. Joshimath – Rishikesh (255kms/8-9hr) / Pipalkoti – Rishikesh (210kms/7-8hr) / Kirtinagar – Rishikesh (100kms/3hr) : Morning after breakfast drive for Haridwar via Deoprayag & Rishikesh. Enroute visit Narsingh Temple & Shankracharaya Math. View evening Ganga aarti at Triveni Ghat. Later, proceed drive to Haridwar for overnight stay.
Rishikesh, the ‘place of sages’ is a celebrated spiritual town on the bank of Ganga and is surrounded by Shivalik range of the Himalayas on three sides. It is beleived that when Raibhya Rishi did penance here, God appeared by the name of ” Hrishikesh ” and this area hence forth came to be known as Rishikesh.
Places to see : – Laxman Jhulla, Ram Jhulla, Triveni Ghat, Bharat Mandir, Shivananda Ashram, Parmarth Ashram.
Day 12 : Hardwar – Delhi (250kms/7-8hr) : After breakfast transfer to Dehradun airport / Railway station / Drive to Delhi .
Terms & conditions – Chardham Package
YOUR TRIP INCLUSIONS :
– Sightseeing as per the itinerary & program you opt as per your comfort.
– All buffet breakfast & dinner at the hotels mentioned.
– All accommodation on double / triple sharing basis as per your choice.
– All Transfers, excursions & sightseeing as per the itinerary by dedicated vehicle in private use.
– Below 5 Yrs Child sharing same bed with parents will be Complimentary.
– Parking and all transport related expense, including Driver Services.
– All toll taxes, parking fees, Fuel and driver’s allowances.
– All Transport & Hotels Related Taxes
– GST & all Government Taxes
– A 24 hour helpline.
– Assistance on Arrival.
– No Hidden Cost
– Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, porterage.
– Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
– Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
– Entrance Fees & Guide charges
– Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
– Any increase in taxes or fuel price at the time of departure, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure
– Still camera/ video camera charges.
– Rates are not valid for Festive peak season.
– Rates are based on Hotels Subject to Availability at the time of making Reservation.
– In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel.
– Rates are subject to change if there is any Fair & Festival, Major conference, events in travel destination.
– Early check in / late checks out is subject to availability of rooms.
– In Chardham sector maximum hotels are preferring 12:00 Noon Check in & Check out timing.
– Cancellation charges would be as per the company policy.
– Vehicle confirmed will be as per Itinerary and not at disposal.
– AC will work only in the plains and will be switched off during hill drives. Specially for the Chardham sector Ac can work only in Haridwar & Dehradun’s plain / surface area. It is highly depending on the package you have opted.
– All sightseeing mentioned are subject to weather conditions, political conditions & traffic conditions in the destination.
– Any cancellation or delay in hotel check in due to third party services (like helicopter / pony / palaki ), the retention will be charged. The next allocation for the hotels on same destination is subject to the availability.
– Any sightseeing missed due to natural calamities / weather conditions / for any unforeseen reasons is non-refundable or non-adjustable.
– All entrance fees will be on direct payment basis as per Itinerary
– It is not advisable to travel in night, if necessary supplement charge applicable.
– Deposit of 25% of the package cost at the time of booking.
– Need 50% payment of the package cost, 30 days prior to departure date.
– Need 100% payment of the package cost, 15 days prior to departure date.
– 10% of full tour cost – 45 days prior to arrival.
– 25% of full tour cost – 30 days prior to arrival.
– 50% of full tour cost – between 15 & 29 days prior to tour.
– 75% of full tour cost – between 14 & 7 days prior to tour
– 100% – within 7 days prior to tour.