Ladakh : Trekking & Trans – Himalayan Jeep Safari
Over the years trekking in Ladakh has been one of the demanding mountain activities, pulling in global explorers to discover the unspoiled territory. The trekking tracks winds up to summits where, one can enjoy a bird’s eye view of the Karakoram Range, which is aligned with several towering peaks like K2, Saser I, Saser II, Saser III, Saser IV , Saser V and more, Zanskar Range and Nubra Valley. The Stok Kangri summit trek is one of the challenging treks in the Ladakh region that offers such a celestial view.
Further, the Trans-Zanskar Trek in the Ladakh region allows one to acquaint with the traditional environment and the Ladakh Monasteries Trek, which is one of the Spiritual treks in the Ladakh region, offers one to set on a sacred journey from cloister to cloister. Trailing deep into the Rumbak Valley one can encounter several endangered mountain species including Snow Leopards, Red Fox, Blue Sheep, Eurasian Bear and many species of migratory birds. The popular Snow Leopard Trek that takes one into the Hemis National Park (one of the highest National parks in the World and the largest National park in India) offers a trembling and nail-biting experience during the winters. The Chadar Trek, which is one of the popular winter treks in Ladakh, allows one to walk on the frozen river and combat the frigid climate to a destination surreal. Passing through the remote villages along the River Nubra trek to the Hunder Sand Dunes allows one to experience the undulated desert that is cut across by a narrow stream and is dotted with animals like Bactrian Camels and Pashmina Goats. Down south of the Ladakh region, the Tso Moriri Lake Trek is another beautiful trek that brings forth a fairytale nature with a blue lake surrounded by an undulated highland and dotted with rare species of animals and birds.
As Ladakh is a region where the average elevation stands above 3,500 meters, trekking in Ladakh requires extreme fitness and acclimatization to different altitude. Nonetheless, it is advisable to take along a guide or a porter along with the group who can act like a sniffer in the mountains. In some trekking destinations in Ladakh, special permits are required from the government so that one can complete his journey without any hassle and interruption by the Indo-Tibetan Army.
Popular Treks of Ladakh :
- Sham Valley Trek (6 nights / 7 days)
- Markha Valley Trek (10 nights / 11 days)
- Snow Leopard Trek (12 nights / 13 days)
- Stok Kangri Trek (9 nights / 10 days)
- Darcha Lamayuru Trek (23 nights / 24 days)
- Frozen River / Chadar Trek (12 nights / 13 days)
- Ladakh Monastry Trek (6 nights / 7 days)
- Spituk to StokTrek (5 nights / 6 days)
- Lamayuru Alchi Trek (7 nights / 8 days)
- Markha Valley & Stok Kangri Trek (16 nights / 17 days)
- Tsomoriri Lake Trek (17 nights / 18 days)
- Darcha Padum Trek (18 nights / 19 days)
- Indus Valley Trek (7 nights / 8 days)
- Southern ZanskarTrek (18 nights / 19 days)
- Manali Ladakh Trek (22 nights / 23 days)
- Trans Zanskar Trek (26 nights / 27 days)
- Rupshu Valley Trek (15 nights / 16 days)
- Nubra Valley Trek (9 nights / 10 days)
- Ladakh Zanskar Trek (16 nights / 17 days)
- Lamayuru Padum Trek (16 nights / 17 days)
- Remote Zanskar Trek (17 nights / 18 days)
- Hemis Jugtakh trek (11 nights / 12 days)
- Spiti Ladakh Trek (19 nights / 20 days)
Trans Himalayan Jeep Safari Tours :
There are so many safari options in India; you may never know what is happening next. Like camels and horse safaris, another famous yet the most common form to encompass the beauty of India is jeep safari.
The Jeep Safari not only refreshes and revitalizes but one feels close to nature while driving through the quiet and beautiful countryside. From the point of view of people, jeep safari is the best way to face the adventure as you can pass through rugged trails, challenging terrains, also you can stop wherever you want.
Favorite destinations for adventure enthusiasts to indulge in Jeep Safari in India are Ladakh, Dharamshala, Lahaul, Spiti, Uttrakhand, Sikkim and Rajasthan. The average daily move is about 150 km, approximately five to six hours of jeep driving. By the time sun sets, the travelers can spend the night at ease in a hotel, lodge, resort, home stay or camp site.
Mohan’s Adventure company arranges exciting jeep safari tours, that will transfer you to the different World of hidden treasures of nature. At Mohan’s, we understand your adventure thirst. We provide you the best jeep safari our packages that give you the sheer pleasure of soaking in the spirit of the adventure destinations. Our tour guides and travel experts will not only guide you to the right path but will also show you the true meaning of adventure.